Thursday, December 1, 2016

performance art

For my performance art piece, I decided to do a social experiment!
I've noticed that people nowadays are constantly checking their phone, always have their headphones in, and always seeking distractions from real life by having digital media on around them constantly.

I feel like this kind of thing leads to overstimulation, and it makes it harder for people to just sit quietly in a room and just be still. I mean, who does that anymore?

So i decided to take over the school's computer lab, where I work, and run a different popular internet video on loop for all 20 or so computers, and film the reaction of the students there to witness it!

I also dressed in a silver body suit and stared at them silently from the corner of the room, where I would normally sit to wait and help people with their projects.
This was important for the experiment to make the people walking in feel like they had no one they could ask about the circumstances they had wandered into!

Also, it was a strange thing to have on and i thought it would make them feel even more strange :)

Check out the link bellow to see how people reacted to the sensory overload!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoeJCNIMgKg&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment